Inanna… she who dives down into the underworld to meet & embrace her bedraggled self.
Creamy rosey icing for the top layer, like the surface of our lives; we strive to see the best, to be sweet and lovely…
…then a darker layer below, the enticing chocolate which melts us into our inner earthen travels, until…
…we reach the (our) underworld; the hard stones and grit (nuts), the sweet diamonds we transform in our process (juicy berries), and the rest of the deep soil. Purple corn extract helps open intuition/envisioning… to see in the dark. This is also the heavier part which roots and grounds us in our body.
Presenting a slice of embodying, a journey to all that we are.
If a piece of cake could help us a little on our way, then perhaps, with loving intention, this could be a small contribution to our inner garden.
- Few hand-fulls of soaked mulberries & raisins in filtered water (warm)
- Hand-full of (soaked/activated) almonds & pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons of ground flax seeds & chia seeds (these help bind)
- 4 tablespoons of ground cacao nibs
- 4-6 tablespoons of sprouted spelt flour/or oat flour
- 4 tablespoons of lucuma and/or Peruvian carob powder
- 3-4 tablespoons of raw cane juice crystals (or coconut sugar, or any other low GI sweetener – bare in mind lucuma and carob sweeten too)
- 2-3 tablespoons of Ashwaghanda & Maca (or your chosen ‘super’ powders, or leave these out)
- 1-2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of purple corn extract (another special powder!)
- A little salt
- Wet ingredients: as much extra water as needed (likely only a little) and about 4 tablespoons of unrefined/quality olive oil (or any other seed oil, or melted coconut butter)
- 80g Cacao butter and/or coconut oil
- 40g cacao powder
- 10-15g Lucuma powder
- 20g Peruvian carob powder
- 15-20g Raw cane juice crystals
- 1 tablespoon of Maca/Ashwaghanda/any other adaptogen (to help balance our energy with the cacao)
Creamy topping icing
- 2-3 tablespoons of ground hemp seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons of melted cacao butter and/or coconut oil/vegan oil (i.e. shea butter etc) – tip: pour into your blender from the melted butter as you make chocolate above
- 2 tablespoons of lucuma powder
- Warm water (as much as helps blend, but stays stiff)
- 1 teaspoon of rose powder (rose helps opens our heart with compassion)
- Sprinkle of etherium gold powder (minerals from the ground, known as ‘gold’)
- Goji berries to decorate afterwards, in spirals if you like – I love to do this
Mix the base all together, after the berries had soaked. Use your hands for feeling.
Firm into a deep dish.
Melt the oils for the chocolate, in a bain-marie, a bowl over boiling water. Take care not to raise temp to high for the ingredients. Sieve in the powders, and mix with great joy and delight!
Pour over the base. Pop in fridge for 20-30 mins
Use some melted oil (set aside) to add to ground hemp seeds along with the others, in a blender.
Scrape this out onto the cake, then sprinkle gojis, with care and intention for your creation.
Share with your beloved, friends/family. (and store at room temp so it’s warm & juicy for 2-3 days, or in the fridge for 4 days).
Please let me know how yours goes!
Ps: I use organic ingredients, often sourcing from Raw Living, an awesome company, or from Abel & Cole, or find in your local stores. I prefer to use smaller/independent businesses where I can.